Sunday, 22 January 2012

Maybe it's a sign?

So apparently, I'm averaging about a blog entry a month.
I could tell you about what's been going on the last month, but that would involve tears.
Which is one thing I've done the last two nights.
Cry.
I went through my photo albums from the BLT (British Lit Tour) - the tour that started it all.
And is responsible for me wanting to go back to the UK.
We started out in Ireland, back in 2006.
I ended up taking over 20 rolls of pictures.
Then I got to the Scotland section of the album.
That's when the tears started.

Anyway, I don't want this to be as depressing as the last blog.
(I have been doing better. I promise.
Just not today.)

I found two really cool pictures I want to share.

On the BLT, we took a ferry from Belfast and landed in Stranraer, Scotland and drove to Edinburgh. I realise that we must have taken the same road the bus takes to Preston Temple.
The A75.
How do I know this?

These are the Pentlands. I think I have about five pictures of this hill.
It was interesting to recognise the pictures I took almost six years ago with new eyes.
When I never dreamed I'd be going back.

Second, on the way back from Stirling Castle, I snapped this pic.
This looks familiar...
At the time, I labeled the photo "Castle in the distance."
But I recognized it this time...
That's Linlithgow Palace.
Five years after I snapped this picture, Linlithgow was host to the Perfect Day.
The Joust!

Same side as the above, only a bit closer.
That's the steeple!
This is St. Michael's Church, right next to Linlithgow Palace.
By the time I got to it, the building was closed.
Ah, Linlithgow was so much fun!

A couple days ago, I was looking at these pictures with W, who loves horses, so he LOVED these pictures:
Gosh, I miss it.
I'm trying, though, to think that even if I'm not able to go back, that I need to focus on finding happiness where ever I may end up.
At least I have the memories...
and they're amazing ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment