Sunday, 22 May 2011

My dreams were crushed on the ragged rocks below.

Last Friday I decided to ride a bike down to watch W&J. C, my little bro, had already gone down with the car.  It's about three miles. I walk a lot in Edinburgh, so I figured this would be easy... it's a bike... forgetting that I've been home for three weeks, using a car and my only exercise was Wii bowling and running W across the yard. It's his favorite game. "Run!" he shouts, and we do. A lot.

About a mile into my journey, my legs began aching, then the lungs and soon I was light-headed... and I wasn't even halfway there. I walked my bike for a bit, and then tried again. Bike, stop and walk and try again...I finally made it, stumbling across the yard and into the house. I collapsed on the floor.

My dream to compete in the Ironman Championship needs serious rethinking.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't give up just yet. I would just plan your race for a place with lower elevation. Like, except for Everest, anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete