I know it's been awhile and I do apologize. I figure most of you don't want to read me whingeing about how much I miss Scotland. It does get annoying.
Instead, I want to share my new pet project.
Someone sent me a link to this website. Since my last two dissertations have dealt with women and I could call myself a feminist, I checked them out.
Wow. It's become a passion of mine.
Beauty Redefined.
Basically, it's about how society and media define how women look and feel.
I've seen this in myself. The way I feel about my weight and my looks.
As if I'm defined only by how I look.
That the only way I can get what I want is by seduction.
I also follow Empowering Media for girls.
http://girlempowerment.visibli.com/share/DXfEOo
It's appalling how the media and society continues to objectify women.
I won't start my little spiel.
All I ask is that you check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment