Sunday, 9 September 2012

Transition to Limbo

Soooo
The Dissertation is finished! Huzzah!

I should have taken a picture... of something related to it.
As it was, I finished it on a Thursday night, emailed it, spent half the night
worrying something dire would happen to prevent the submission (email didn't work, ninja's... etc)
and then woke up early to check it was successfully submitted (it was)
and went to work.
Where my body crashed. I could barely keep my eyes open.
I practically slept the whole weekend away.

A co-worker bought me a celebratory danish. Awww.

It took a couple days for me to get used to free time.
I can read on my lunch breaks! I can watch TV!
My life for the past two months consisted of
Work. Lunch. Write on lunch break.
Home. Dinner.
Write.
Sleep
Work.
Repeat. Except on Sundays which consisted of Church. Nap. Writing.
Plus, my little brother had his wedding the week before the due date.
YAY! I hardly got any writing done.
But YAY!
I'm so happy for him and my new SIL.

Many thanks to the friends who proofread and edited for me.
I had an awesome friend in Scotland print and bind and submit the thing for me.
Now I await the award of my degree... while dreading they're going to fail me.
No word yet... drat.

It has been hard, I won't lie.
It's one less tie with Scotland. Which I hadn't even considered.

The big thing is that part of my little human brain thought this meant change!
Dissertation finished = job! = leaving Idaho = progress!

Not happening. No idea when it will happen.

Anyway, as Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote,

"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. 
Wisely improve the present. It is thine. 
Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear."

There is a lot of fear.

(Looking up the cost of living in NYC is seriously depressing.)

But you have to believe the Lord keeps His promises and that

there is a bright future ahead. Even if you can't see it.

You have to move forward. Go forth.
And pray a lot.

So my new resolution is to go froth. To blog more.
About books and life and cookies...and cats.

Let's see where life takes me.
Hopefully near a beach.
I miss the sea.

So here's a song that I listen to a lot. It's UFO by Coldplay.

Lord I don't know which way I am going
Which way the river's going to flow
It just seems that upstream I keep rowing
Still got such a long way to go
Still got such a long way to go

And that light hits your eyes
I know I swear we'll find somewhere
The streets are paved with gold

Bullets fly split the sky
But that's alright sometimes sunlight comes streaming through the holes

Ohhhhh





No comments:

Post a Comment