Monday, 22 October 2012

It came out of left field, right field and the sky

You may have noticed I'm on Facebook during the day today.
Because I no longer have a job.
Yes, it was unexpected.
And I'm still not entirely sure why.

You know that scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where
Indy finds himself standing on a cliff?
That's how I feel.
Like my life was moving along fine, until I turned a corner and found myself
in an unexpected place.
Or those empty white rooms in The Matrix.

Oh. Okay. Didn't expect THAT.

Soooo... what now?
Where now?

Well, more job applications.
Applying for unemployment, because of those lovely things like student loans.
Probably going back to Substitute teaching. (Fun!)

I'm trying to look at this situation positively.
On Twitter, I follow former publishing CEO Michael Hyatt. He has a blog and about a month ago, he posted this blog about asking the right question during trials.
michaelhyatt.com/a-question-that-changes-everything.html

He says to ask "What does this experience make possible?"
At the time, I was using it to get me through work.
Now, well, it's a new answer.

So this is what I'm doing, looking at what this makes possible.
Trusting God that it will all work out in the end.

Considering that I got to spend two hours with my nephew this morning playing basketball,
I'd say I have a lot to be grateful for.

Now I'm off to work on some job apps.

I wanted to share this song. It's Down by Mat Kearney, one of my fav artists.
It's my new theme song. (I've been listening to a lot of Christian music lately)

No comments:

Post a Comment