How rough was today?
I never took my coat off between 10:30am and 6:00 pm.
NEVER!
Oh, I unbuttoned it a couple times, but it stayed on.
This was not the plan.
The plan was simple:
Wake up. Go get my GP letter (for an extension on a paper, seeing as last week I was, well, contemplating plane tickets home). Go pick up Ovis at the Mail depot...
OVIS!
I have missed my sheep very much.
Anyway, then the plan involved dropping Ovis back at the flat and going up on campus to turn in my paper and spend a couple hours working on next week's project.
Then I would spend the afternoon running some errands/shopping.
Simple!
Well, I woke up later than planned and mornings are still a bit rough. So it took me a while to feel ... capable.
Still, no worries. I could make it up to campus by noon.
So I walked down to the Medical Centre to get my letter... an hour later I left.
I spent half an hour deleting text messages off my mobile as they tracked down the doctor and had him write my note. Which I had requested last week!
Then they charged me £5! Five freakin' pounds for a doctor's note!
I paid it. It's either pay it or not get any credit for this assignment.
Then I picked up Ovis (yay!) and decided, since it was still a rough morning, to put him in my purse.
Just like old times!
I also grabbed my school bag with my notebook and folders in it, and a couple reusable shopping bags, and set off.
Now, I've lost my bank card and so Cash points are superfluous. And I needed money.
So I decided to catch the 38 to Morningside, get some cash at my local branch, and then catch the bus up to Craighouse.
Perfect.
The 38 was actually on time. I got off at the right stop and started up the street when I realized...
I'd left my school bag on the bus.
With my folders and notes and PENS! I love this bag. A friend sent it to me last summer. It's from Strand Books in NYC and has a bunch of famous authors as superheroes. The contents are just as important. ALL my notes! My folders!
Sob! I couldn't turn my paper in now! Augh.
So I went and got my cash (had to write a check to myself since they wouldn't accept my US driver's license) and then I decided to go to a Lothian office and see if they could find my bag. I tried finding the number using the internet on my phone, but I couldn't get it to work. So it was onto a bus and towards Princes Street.
The very nice man at the office found my bag! So I'll be picking that up tomorrow at a nearby bus depot. Oh, and paying £2 freaking pounds. Do you think you have to pay to collect lost children?
On my way back to campus, I mailed my letters and then finally, got up to campus. Well, that's when I found out that I needed to run one of my errands before 3pm. So I ate lunch, got on the computer for about 10 minutes and then caught a bus back down to my property management company to deliver some receipts.
That done, I walked down about a mile to catch another 38 to go run another errand. Well the 38 came pretty quick, but the 23 was going to take 16 minutes. So I wandered into a book shop until it came. Whereupon I also dropped my mobile and the battery flopped out. Gah!
That's when I realized that I had left my GP letter at the property place! Gah! So I called them and made arrangements to pick up my letter at 4:30.
So I grab my tickets at Craiglockhart and spent about 20 minutes revising my paper before I had to catch a bus back. Well, that bus was late, so I missed the other bus and had to catch a 23 again!
So I'm walking down the Meadows, hoping to make it by 5pm when I got really light-headed and had a mini panic attack. See this paper that I'm turning in tomorrow needs the letter and it needs to be in by Noon and I have class on Wednesdays...
I breathed through it, got some grapes, and picked up my letter. They waited for me at the office. I was there WAY past 5.
It was cool walking down Ratcliffe Terrace again. Just like old times. :) I really miss that street.
Don't miss the uni accommodation.
Anyway, so I eventually caught a bus back to Princes Street and then another bus and got some soup (which is pretty much all I eat now) and I've finished my paper!
So all is well, but... this day so did not go according to plan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That's a...that's a day. Maybe consider getting a bike with a basket. You know, be in control of your destiny.
ReplyDeleteI've had most of my bad pubic transit experiences on buses.
True! Lothian and I have a love/hate relationship.
ReplyDelete