Hello! Yes, I am still alive. I know some of you were, no doubt, very worried.
I can hear your collective sigh of relief.
The gods have seen fit to test me. It honestly feels like the Lord wants to see how badly I want to stay.
It's been three weeks of hardship, tears, and pain.
Good news: I have my money!
More good news: I have a flat!
Bad news: The flat, well, had no hot water (until today). Dead radiators (until today), and a broken fridge. Oh, and a bug-infested couch.
It wasn't the best weekend. Well, actually, that's not true. More on that later.
To be honest, I had hoped that my worries would be behind me when I got my keys Friday. Wake up to Saturday with the broken fridge full of lovely spoilt food. Instead, I spent Saturday back at P and W's shamelessly using their internet and phone to talk to my mom. They also lent me a mini-fridge and took me shopping for a microwave. These people should be sainted!
Anyway, I've woken up the past two days with a strong desire to just chuck it in and go home. And what's driving me mad is that I had a really great weekend! Saturday night was Merlin night, complete with my lovely friends, delicious pies (yumm... chicken) and chocolate cake... and a DOUBLE dose of Gawain. I was so happy heading home that night. Church the next day was great! I do live in a great ward with many wonderful people. I also walked to church, which was really nice.
I capped it off by going to St. Giles Cathedral on the Royal Mile for their weekly 6pm concert. It was breath-taking. A chamber orchestra with a soprano and baritone performing Bach and Handel. I was in heaven. The acoustics were great. I loved it. I went over a friend's flat and spent an evening chatting. The lent me a hot water bottle... wondrous invention.
Then Monday came.... and something was wrong the minute I woke up. And that's the frustrating thing, because I'm not sure how to fix it or what I'm fixing.
I went through a similar phase in Sheffield, when I first arrived, so I'm hoping this phase passes too.
The Ipod is full of power songs, such as Stand by Rascal Flatts.
Even Go the Distance from Disney's Hercules. Oh, yes, this is very dire, my friends.
Well, it's freezing here in the computer lab. I'm going home to my now warm flat - providing I set the timer right. Oh, my life certainly is never dull.
Ta luvs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


KEEP AT IT!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!
ReplyDelete