Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Happy Birthday... two months later

Wow I just found this post.
Sorry it took so long!

So Friday (July 5) was my birthday. The big 35.
Wow. Where did the time go?

I was resolved to not compare to past years (33rd birthday = weekend of jousting, two castles, tea at the Balmoral and dinner at a delicious Italian place. That one's always going to win).

Last year was nice. Thai food and RAIN!

This year, I didn't know what to do.

The Fourth was fun. I worked in the morning and then spent the afternoon with my family and our traditional water fight.
Once W got over being upset at throwing water at others.

Anyway, I wanted to sleep in for my birthday. But Mom woke me up to say goodbye (and sing "Happy Birthday") and then Dastan and Leon wanted out... I'd kept them inside due to the craziness of the Fourth. I think this was wise.

But now it was morning and they wanted OUT! So by the time I put collars back on and ushered them out the door, I was awake. So I lay in bed in listened to music. Then watched Wall-E with my bro and SIL. Then we went shopping for flip flops and lunch stuff... new flip flops = happy me. My $ store ones have sadly died after several years of use. :( (a moment of silence)

When I'm in the States, tradition usually has me seeing a film on my birthday.
This year was a choice between Lone Ranger or Despicable Me 2. I wisely chose Gru.
I think I laughed more than the kids.

So after the film I wiped my tears and headed home to open presents with a lot of help from W & J.

Then my mom threw a surprise party for me! With friends and neighbors. It was lovely.
More presents too! ha ha ha.

It was a very nice birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment