A couple weeks back, I was having a long Saturday. I'd had to go across town, my satnav (I will continue to call it this. It's way cooler sounding than GPS), got me lost. I'd just gotten my car serviced and spent $40 on windshield wipers, which had better last two years, and I was checking out at Winco.
I was so tired.
The very nice checkout lady was talking to me and as I told her my story.
I got this job the first week in May. My last day at my old job was on a Friday. I packed all day Saturday and headed to Utah. I got to a friends' house that night, went to church with them, practice the drive to my work, went to check out the place where I now live, agreed to move in, and headed back to sleep and started the new job the next day. Then Tuesday I moved into my new place after work, unpacked a little, then went to work the next day.
Friday, after work, I went home, spent Saturday packing, Sunday saying good bye and moved the rest of my stuff and two cats who were not happy about this car thing.
And then I started my second week of work the next day.
This great lady said that I had been through a lot and was just very supportive. It was something I hadn't thought of, that while this move is good, it's going to be hard.
The job is really good. It's hard work and I have no idea what they are talking about half the time (I am not a computer engineer), but the people are great and, hey, I'm not getting hit and kicked and scratched and called a bad lady! So it's a good thing. Plus, I get to dress up!
Yesterday I spent over five hours shopping with my old 906B roomie, Sarah, and it was so much fun.
Utah is definitely different than Idaho, but I do like a lot of the people I'm working with. It's great to have a good environment to go to each day.
This past week has been a little hard emotionally. I think my brain is finally accepting that this is reality. A great reality, but it's an adjustment.
On and on to the next week! I'm excited. I try not to feel too guilty for leaving my cats for 9 hours a day. That's hard, but I love playing with them when I get home.
My ward is really good. Today was hard, but Father's Day usually is, for me. It's hard to wonder why so many people have amazing dads and I... don't.
Anyway, life is good and I am in a good place. I will post photos of the catio as soon as I build it. It's pretty darn cool.
Sunday, 15 June 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment