![]() |
| Pearls before Swine by Stephan Pastis |
I really love my job.
We saw so many deer, including mommy deer and a fawn!
So I only worked a couple hours on Friday, as I had worked a lot the past week. I came in mostly to make sure all the food was taken care of and get some paperwork done.
About 20 minutes before I was going to leave, my phone rang and it was my boss. We chatted and then he dropped a bomb.
First a little background. This job was supposed to be only six months. I'm covering for another employee who is working on a project.
Well, my boss had gotten an email that day telling him that the project was ending in July and so she is coming back.
So I am out of a job in a month. They are trying to find a place for me, because they do love me and my work, but it's not known if that's possible. He was calling to give me heads up. Which was nice of him.
All I remember is saying "Okay" a lot and thinking that I should cry. I wanted to cry.
I still haven't cried. I should cry?
And then I dropped my new water bottle and it broke, and then, later that night, I sat in dog pee.
It was one of those days...
When I was offered this job, I prayed about it and felt that I needed to take the opportunity.
And now, what?! It's not so much a shaking of my hands at heaven as an exasperated flinging out of the arms.
"Seriously, Heavenly Father," I want to say. Seriously?!!!
I quit a job. I moved down here with my cats (not to mention all my other stuff like a bed and dresser). I bought new shoes!
I've bought curtains!
I commit to this for six months and it's been ONE and it's over?
Now what? Am I supposed to move back home?
So I told my roommate, who lovingly bought me some Lindt Dark Chocolate. One of my favorites!
I couldn't sleep that night. So I slept in Saturday and got a library card! For one month, but oh well. I will use the heck out of it.
I got a couple shirts, some headbands and a lovely owl necklace.
I kept thinking, what am I doing? I'm buying clothes for a job that is over in 30 days!
But I felt better afterward.
Then I stopped at In N Out Burger (never been before and... yummy!)
I did some job searching and found a couple of possibilities. That is on my list for tomorrow.
Today was church, which was nice. I was feeling a bit anti-social, so I didn't stay afterward, like usual.
Now I'm fighting off the urge to nap with Leon curled up at my feet and Dastan on his new sleeping perch, the top of the cat tree.
So life is up in the air again. At least it's never dull!



No comments:
Post a Comment