Sunday, 28 February 2016

I've been thinking about updating my blog more. While I love Facebook and am getting into Pinterest (so much fun! I have way too many crockpot recipes)... I've been feeling that I need to write here more.
Partly, I've been inspired by Jenny who writes "The Bloggess"which I discovered via an audiobook. There is language, there is a lot of talk of vaginas, but DANG this woman gets living with illnesses, mental, physical and chronic.
So I read her now and I keep thinking that I need to share my life and my experiences. 
Yes, you are dying to know about my life... ha ha ha.
Hi!
Let's start at the kinda beginning...
Last July I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned, because I am a good person and it was "free" (I'm paying for health insurance, so it's not free, I just don't have a co-pay)... when the dentist told me that one of my teeth was dead!
Dun dun DUNNNNN!

After a really cool 3D scan of my tooth at a local endodontist (ask me who, because you shouldn't go there), I was told I needed a root canal. So I scheduled one in the middle of the week, because I was naive and clueless)... the endodontist didn't take a medical history and so I got epinephrine based Novocain. Not a good idea to give to someone with anxiety. A couple minutes later... I had a massive panic attack. My heart started beating very fast, I went white, I got nauseous,  and when they tried to move me, I fell on the floor in the hall (probably so encouraging to the patients)... I ended up back in the chair with oxygen, a washcloth on my neck, and them blowing air on me from one of the tools. They asked me if I wanted to reschedule. I said NO! I was not going through this again.
So I calmed down enough for them to proceed.
I don't like the oxygen in dentist's office. It's too sweet smelling.
Anyway... they wanted me to come back in a month to finish up, because there was some infection (pay attention to this part) and they put some antibiotics in my tooth and I scheduled an appointment for the end of August. Plus, I did get an ice cream bar from the receptionist.

Actually, this is taking too long... I'll sum up.
I went back at the end of August to finish up... no epinephrine! No panic attack! Although I should have had someone drive me home... anyway... but I had huge headaches all weekend. Called the Endodontist... that's normal take Sudafed and call us if you don't feel better by the end of the week.
And I don't feel better by the end of the week... so I call again.. Oh you had a lot of infection! (Maybe you could have told me all this last week!!!) They put me on an antibiotic and suggested going on a probiotic. The "helpful" pharmacist kinda shrugged when I asked him, so I picked some cheap brand and that was my first mistake.

I got sick with C diff (Clostridium difficile). I think the stress of the last year with moving jobs a lot and not knowing if I was staying, plus this year with my mental... health... it created the perfect place for it in my poor gut.

I got really sick. And weak. I missed a lot of work. I had to live off of the BRAT diet. Except I couldn't have wheat bread... sourdough became my staple bread. I'm actually trying to learn how to make sourdough, but don't tell Sprouts because I buy a lot and I mean A LOT of their sourdough. I've thought about adding up what I've spent on their sourdough bread (which is DIVINE!), but I think it would only make me depressed.

I don't like bananas now. Rice I can tolerate. Don't even try to serve me chicken noodle soup.
No red meat. No pizza. Not even my favorite Vegan Superfruit muffin from Sprouts. :(
Because I ate one in October and got ill all over again.
No raw veggies, no desserts, except dark chocolate (yay!)... lots of homemade goods.
I'm on a very good and very expensive probiotic.
I have a fake tooth now!

Then this week I ate a rare cooked steak (mistake!), I had this delicious chicken casserole with sour cream and cream of chicken soup, and Zupas salad with spinach and a turkey and avacado sandwich. It was a stupid, stupid decision. Three days in a row of food that I haven't had in months.
Result: I've been ill this whole weekend. While having one of these foods would probably have given me a headache and a slight blah feeling for the night, three days worth has wrecked my insides again.
Sigh.
I'll post more later, when I feel up to it.
Meanwhile, here is a picture of one of the special blessings that God sends to make me laugh.




No comments:

Post a Comment