Friday, 21 May 2010

Well, I certainly didn't see that coming.

Yes, I am aware what time it is.
I can't sleep anyway, might as well write.
The topic?

I am now unemployed.
It was certainly unexpected, to say the least.
It also shows God's love for me, as I somehow managed to make the three-mile drive home hardly able to see the road for the tears, and yet did not get in an accident.

This just tops off a rough couple of months. My mom's had her second knee surgery. Plus, a slight medical emergency with my sister-in-law. My student loan company overcharged me and caused me to go overdrafted. I had to spend two hours and about $40 on the phone with my bank and mobile company back in the UK to deal with overcharges there. (Note to self: If I get to return, then I am not dealing with Orange ever again. Or Lloyds either.)

May began with my PhD proposal being rejected, a couple days where I had $1 in my bank account and then, last week brought the news that my mum might need another surgery and my sister-in-law's cat had been killed. On the same day! I loved Susie-Q.

And then there was Tuesday where I walked into work and had to leave 90 minutes later. No goodbyes to friends. I'd just gotten a new headset too! I had to walk past my friends and then I couldn't even get out of the door because they had taken my security key. Luckily someone let me out before I started sobbing there. I don't understand why. This job had been a great blessing. I'd been looking for work for months when I got this job. Good hours, good people, and a good environment. No work on Sunday. A company I was proud to work for. And now I'm done. Two minutes and my life is vastly different.
The good news, I used the experience in the novel I'm writing.

I've spent the last two days watching movies and episodes of The A-Team and my fav TV shows.
Sidenote: The Proposal is quite cute and it involves the world of publishing! I think I might be depressed. :)

The ironic thing is that Sunday we had a regional conference for my church and President Thomas S. Monson actually spoke to us. The whole meeting inspired me to do better and be better. And then I got fired. The really annoying thing? The feeling I have that this was supposed to happen. Why? No answer on that question.

What comes next is unknown. I'm looking for work. I'm also finishing up applications to MA programs in the UK. Yes, another MA. This one in Publishing. It feels right and so I'm forging on ahead. I miss the UK. I especially miss Edinburgh. Being there was being home. I've felt a bit lost being back in Idaho. It feels foreign to me even though I grew up here. I want to return to Scotland. We'll see what happens.

So if you know of any employment possibilities, please let me know.
On a final note, I am extremely grateful for my friends who reached out to me. Thank you so much.
Sending out love is always a blessing to someone.

Ta luvs,
Stacey

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Stacey!! Remember, you have friends all over! When the darkness seems to stifle even the light of dreams, hope.

    ReplyDelete