Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Sallie Mae is the devil.

Hola, amigos.
I'm off to Utah again for a wedding. I get to see my BLT gals again and one of us will finally tie the knot!
Mum is coming with me, so there may be bloodshed. Nah, I love my mum. I think the close quarters are starting to wear, that's all.
I have been informed, via email, that my visa application is received. I should hear within the next two weeks. Eeek. I hope, by some miracle, it's accepted, otherwise there could be trouble and stress. And I need both those so much now.
Also, a letter from Sallie Mae saying my private loan (which I can't put on deferment even whilst unemployed) is overdue, even though they called a couple weeks ago and I made a payment. Seriously, this company is the devil incarnate. I'm being threatened with a collection agency. Grrr.

Also, I finished Sunshine (wow, I love that book) and starting McKinley's retelling of Sleeping Beauty, Spindle's End. I am only a few pages in, and already I am absorbed.
I hope one day to write half as well as McKinley.
I have to share one of my favorite lines from Sunshine, which is somewhat interesting, considering which book I'm reading now.
"I'd always scorned the stories where the princesses hung around waiting to be rescued: Sleeping Beauty, spare me. Tell the stupid little wuss to wake up and sort out the wicked fairy herself."

I'm intrigued about how the princess will turn out in Spindle's End. Right now, she's a newborn, so I can't tell.
All right, that's all for today. I'm watching my nephew W for a bit, then we gotta pack and get all perty for the wedding and then we're off!
One month and counting until I leave for the UK again. Wow.

Ta, luvs!

No comments:

Post a Comment