Friday, 6 August 2010

A rush and a reprieve.

So I'm leaving Idaho next week. B, my bro, is heading back East for a job and has asked me to tag along for kid control. I thought about saying no, but it will save me a couple hundred bucks and headaches. Plus, more time with the nephews!
I had twenty-four hours and I decided to go with them.
Which meant that I had to be ready to go by Sunday morning.
So this week has been a little stressful. To plan on having 3 weeks to prepare to only 1 is not easy.
I also picked up a night shift at the potato plant last night. Eight hours of staring at potatoes, peeled and new. Picking out rotten ones... ugh. I made it though. Whew. Biological clock is again wound wrong.

 So tonight we got together for dinner with some old friends. They have a 4 year-old, Max, who promptly recruited me to look for B's cat. He was a little wild. Poor W had no idea who these people were and why they were playing with his toys.

Then, tonight J, my sister in law, called and we might be flying out instead. Which would give me a few more days. I'll still have to be packed, but at least I won't leave my room in a total mess.

It also gives me more time to prep Puck, the wonder Rav, for sale and get things organized.
Still no word on the visa. I'm getting nervous.

So that's the update. I'll write more later about the wedding and life in general.

FYI: Charlie St. Cloud is a very good film. I quite enjoyed it.
Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment