Thursday, 10 March 2011

2011! The Summer of Adventure!

A month from today I will arrive in London! I'm SO excited! ♫London Calling! ♫ * (that's actually the only part of the song that I know and it plays on a loop in my head - London calling... mm mm mmm ... London calling!)
Why is London calling? The London Book Fair! I've been excited since I went to see Hereafter, the denouement of which occurs at the Book Fair! I doubt Matt Damon and Derek Jacobi will be there this time, but, hey, a girl can dream!
Three days of seminars on books = my heaven.

I'm staying in a hostel with friends, which makes me a bit nervous as I've never spent a night in hostel without being in a room full of people I know. This time I'll only know two... hmmm. Make note to hide the valuables.
The London Book Fair kicks off my summer of travel.
The next week I'm off home for a family visit. I didn't really plan on going home in April, but (as you may remember) a couple of months ago, to keep my sanity, I purchased a plane ticket to Idaho. Luckily, I purchased a round trip. The whole fam will be back by then, so I get to see my nephews, which makes it totally worth it.
Alas, I want to come back to Edinburgh a week earlier, but when I called the Lastminute.com company, I was informed it would be an extra £1200! 1200 pounds to PUSH couple BUTTONS! Augh! So that's not happening.
Then in June I'm heading to a Single Adult Conference for my church in Ireland! Eee!
  
Boyne Valley, Ireland.
I'll actually be staying close to this place. I haven't been to Ireland in almost 5 years! I hope to see a bit more of the country and Dublin. Obviously not going in hopes to meet my future husband, but going because it's IRELAND!
The fun might end there, but I've just been invited to visit Germany with some friends! A chance to visit mainland Europe? Ironically, I've only been to Amsterdam and Paris... well, the airports. And I'd like to see mainland Europe before I leave. Of course, I may not be leaving Scotland yet. So... it's... just... augh.
Understand that I want to treat myself to a trip this summer for my birthday. My last birthday in Scotland I went to Loch Ness! I wandered around Inverness, went on a boat tour of the loch, and toured Urquhart Castle. It was awesome! It was the best birthday ever (despite slightly scary B&B lady).

Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness. I spent hours here.

Last year, I went to JBs restaurant in Rexburg and then to "The Rex" to see Toy Story 3. Yep, doesn't really compare.
This year I was thinking of several options: Cornwall, Ireland (west coast), Isle of Skye, or Wales.
Any suggestions? It might come down to a tour of Germany or something closer... gah! Too many cool places so close by! Gah!

Yes, I sense that you do not like me right now. :)

Well, it's late and I have hours of book editing to do in the morning.
To celebrate the London Book Fair, I must share the following from Julian...
FYI: You can download it off Itunes or Amazon. I totally have.
♫ Don't you EVER interrupt me when I'm reading a book! ♫

Ta luvs!



* I just looked up the lyrics. What a depressing song. Oh well, ♫ London calling! duh dum duh duh ♫ Actually, I'm going to listen to Reading a Book instead...

1 comment:

  1. I think very highly of summer adventures, as well as having a solid summer plan.
    Allow me to recommend Berlin for your birthday trip. It's a really fascinating city, a good walking city. I really loved it.
    You could ask James about it, but he'll just get kind of put out. While I went to Germany, James went to Rexburg.

    ReplyDelete