The reason I'm in Scotland this time is to get a degree in Publishing and become a book editor. However, unless you've been hiding under a rock, you may have heard that the publishing industry is suffering from some uncertainty about the future. Some say the book is dead and the industry will soon follow.
So, in interest of me actually getting a job after I graduate, I'm asking for your help.
I joined this group on Facebook:
I heartily encourage you to do the same.
But, more importantly, do this:
Go buy a book today! Surely you can afford a couple bucks/pounds. You know you want to!
However, do NOT go onto Amazon!
I will hunt you down.
![]() |
| This is the last thing you will see as you click "Checkout." |
Instead, support your local book store, used or otherwise. The grocery store and/or WalMart/ASDA do not count.
Help me have an industry to work in!




No comments:
Post a Comment