One of the best parts of being back is that the third series of Merlin is airing. I adore this show. No, it's not always historically accurate, but, hey, it's based on legend and it doesn't try so hard to be relevant like the silly Robin Hood (the TV series, not the movie, although they are both guilty of that). I love it. It's so close to the medieval stories about Arthur that I've read, that every episode reminds me of some aspect of the legends. So wonderful! And it has a dragon. The dragon is awesome.
So last night was Merlin Night which meant I was at my friends' flat watching this week's episode. If you can find a way, watch it. Lots of laughs.
So the episode ends and all six of us (all girls) are watching the preview for next week when, ten seconds in, one of the characters said, "My name is Gawain."
We all screamed.
And missed the rest of the preview, so we had to watch it again.
Gawain! I've waited two series for him to enter the story!!
Sir Gawain is one of my literary crushes (the other is Olivier de Bretagne from Ellis Peter's Brother Cadfael series. I would marry this man if he were real.)
One of the reasons I fell in love with Medieval lit was because of Gawain and the Green Knight. So I owe a lot to Gawain and the more I read, the more I like him. He's a more awesome knight than Lancelot. Being loyal, honourable, reliable and a great fighter. Plus, he loves the Loathly Lady.
Swoon!
I'm very glad that my church's Conference ends next week in time for me to watch it.
I'm hopeless.
But it's Gawain!
Watch the preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dMLJENoj0M
How excited am I? Very excited. Like clapping-my-hands-bouncing-on-the-couch excited. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You and merlin. For crying out loud.
ReplyDeleteIt's the cry of the mandrake! ;-)
ReplyDelete