Sunday, 10 October 2010

Day 32

So this week, as previously mentioned, has been the week from h***. I hoped my mood would improve, but it has not.
Well, it does improve...for spurts.
For example:
Friday started out badly. Woke up late. Emailed teacher to let him know I'd be late.
Caught bus. Went to catch second bus and watched as it pulled away from the stop! This bus stop was too cool for bus schedules, so I walked back to the main road, caught another bus, and went to catch option #2 - which I had missed minutes before. I bought a muffin and some juice and waited for the next bus. I was an hour and 20 minutes late.
Walking into a lecture on using InDesign in the middle of some exercise did not help the mood.
I stayed late to catch up on some projects - mood improved.
Then got a phone call to go hang out with friends - did so. All the while worrying how I needed to go pack and shouldn't go hang out - mood dropped.
Bought wellies with strawberries on them and wellie socks (which are awesome) - mood improved.
Anyway, I packed and I'm moved to a new place with a gorgeous view of Edinburgh and I'm staying with really good people. Brazilians. I love them. They have a fuzzy dog and I love her. She understands Portuguese. I do not.

Then yesterday I went on the ward temple trip to the Preston Temple. Woke up late again and had to catch a taxi to make it on time. Mood went down a bit.
The drive down was wonderful. It's so gorgeous! The hills were misty and green and it was still that pre-dawn light. Beautiful! Mood improved.
Anyway, great day. I almost cried because it's so great to be back in the UK. I've missed that drive.
The temple was wonderful! I did see lots of friends and felt that peace I always feel at the temple.

Then I had another Lothian adventure as I tried to get home from the church. The journey went fine for the first part, while waiting for the bus I promptly fell in love with a cute guy waiting at the stop across the road. Alas, our buses came too soon.
So I used my trusty Edinburgh map and got off at the right stop... yes.
Walked down, down, down, down the road to find the other stop... and read that the #18 had ended its run. No more buses tonight.
Hmmm. So I caught the #10 and missed my stop. Missed it quite a bit... got off... and caught the same bus driver coming back. He made sure I had the right stop. Then I walked and walked and walked and finally got back. Parts of the walk were very lovely.

Anyway, I won't continue this boring litany.
Suffice it to say, I feel I'm about to lose the plot. Hard, rough day.
I have a new calling in the ward. I'm the Secretary for Young Women. The whelming is proceeding to over.
Now, this is going to be fun and exciting, but also, so much more for me to do.

I think this whole mood was not helped by my too-short hair cut and the fact that I dyed my hair and ... it's no different. Maybe... "maybe" it's a shade lighter. Possibly.
No one's noticed the hair - neither the cut nor color. This is somewhat dispiriting.
I've also eaten too much this weekend. Mini jaffa cakes, pretzels, Percy pigs, and four Thornton's Continental truffles. Last night I had a lovely hot cocoa with cream and a Black Forest muffin. I cannot regret it. It had black cherry filling. You cannot forget a chocolate muffin with cherry filling.

The plans to lose weight are swiftly exiting. Losing weight in Scotland is like trying to avoid snow in December (in Idaho).

Sorry this is a bit of a downer. I'll try to be in a better mood next time.

When I feel more settled and less nomadic, my attitude should improve.
One good thing, I'm getting very, very good at is using the buses (this weekend's examples may not be the greatest, but hey, I got there). Queen of Lothian!

Also, watched The Amazing Race, the only reality show I like and watch. If you haven't ever seen it... here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=266-zyboA9o
This season they start off in England! At Stonehenge! It made me happy. Also - laughing at the ignorant Americans gives me joy. I would marry Phil.

I'm off to the Highlands tomorrow. Expect lots of pictures. And, hopefully, me in much better humor.

Ta, luvs!

No comments:

Post a Comment