Sunday, 3 October 2010

Merlin....and reality. (I'll take Merlin.)

I just want to say that last night's Merlin was amazing!
Gwaine was a pitch-perfect portrayal of the literary figure that I love.
My sneaking suspicion that the writers actually read Arthurian lit is being confirmed. The episode was perhaps the best one of the entire series. 
It had tavern brawls, a melee, sorcery, a consummate flirt, lectures on knightly behavior and Gwaine.
We all squealed at various points during the episode.

This fab night was followed by hot cocoa and an episode of Hamish Macbeth, which does not portray publishers in the best light, but I still love because it has the Highlands and that amazing Scottish brogue.
All in all, a great evening.

The loan sitch is still ongoing. Last Tuesday, I got a phone call from the university saying, "Please quit bugging us, we can't do anything about it (but they said it nicely)." So, I finally emailed my congressman and two senators about it (since they apparently voted on the whole fiasco) and the congressman actually got back to me in 24 hours and is looking into it. He's got my vote.

Then I received an email from the university saying that my tuition being unpaid will not be an issue until at least November and they HOPE to have the situation resolved by then. *really?* Well, I "hope" so too. Augh.

Anyway, I also got a calling in my ward this week, I will post more when it's official.
Now I'm off to watch some more General Conference. Maybe that will help.
At least I'm in Scotland. At least I'm in Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment